1. You’re the human proof social media are not teenage-only platforms. Indeed, you – surprisingly – reverse common knowledge and Twitter statistics with a followers base composed of nearly 60% to 80% 45+ year-old chaps from Minnesota.
2. Your all time idoles don’t sing half naked in a reconstituted jungle (or totally naked on construction site equipments). They can even show a well thought-after mustache, wild hair and tartan bow ties without even being called hipsters.
3. You can legitimately say/write a liquid tastes like an early morning walk in the Swedish forest/gratin dauphinois/WhateverYourCrazyMindComesUpWith without being sent to a Psychiatric Hospital or at least being a called a psycho.
4. You use to despise mathematics and chemistry at high school (after all, there’s a reason why you chose to study litterature…) and all sorts of scientist nonsense, but your home has now turned into some sort of underground laboratory – you actually read 1546489 boring books and you can now explain the plus sides of pot still distillation over columns.
5. Unknown territories such as Tasmania now stand at the top of your travel bucket list, and when you think about touring the USA, Kentucky first comes to mind… You call Scotland your home away from home and you can’t wait to go back to Dublin to pay a visit to the Teeling team.
6. You don’t mind a bit of rain (or at least you pretend to), standing behind your window and keeping repeating the famous adage “today’s rain is tomorrow’s whisky”, trying to convince yourself this pouring weather is actually a blessing… (but what about tonight’s bbq ?)
7. You’re so frustrated your relatives “just don’t get it!” when you’re making a scene about this renowned whisky figure “favoriting” your latest RT or randomly liking your napping cat on Instagram.
8. Your postman officially hates you or thinks you’re a total weirdo (or some sort of fetishist) receiving 156484 packages a week from all parts of the world